I am a 3rd-year PhD student in Computer Science at University of Washington, Seattle, advised by Prof. Alex Ratner. Before that, I was an undergraduate student in Computer Science of University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, where I was fortunated to be advised by Prof. Jiawei Han. During the past, I spent time at Microsoft Research Asia and ByteDance AI Lab.
Research Interests: My current research interests are interactive and data-centric AI/ML with an emphasis on effort-light approach and their applications in chemistry, biology, physics, etc.. My ultimate goal is to build effective, efficient, and explainable data-centric ML systems. My past explorations lay in the intersection of machine learning, data mining, and natural language processing.
(* denotes equal contribution)
- A Survey on Programmatic Weak Supervision
Jieyu Zhang*, Cheng-Yu Hsieh*, Yue Yu*, Chao Zhang, Alexander Ratner.
- Label-Efficient Interactive Time-Series Anomaly Detection
Hong Guo*, Yujing Wang*, Jieyu Zhang*, Zhengjie Lin, Yunhai Tong, Lei Yang, Luoxing Xiong, Congrui Huang.
- DataComp: In search of the next generation of multimodal datasets
Samir Gadre, Gabriel Ilharco, Alex Fang, Jonathan Hayase, Georgios Smyrnis, Thao Nguyen, Ryan Marten, Mitchell Wortsman, Dhruba Ghosh, Jieyu Zhang, and 23 other authers.
- Leveraging Instance Features for Label Aggregation in Programmatic Weak Supervision
Jieyu Zhang*, Linxin Song*, Alexander Ratner.
- Learning Hyper Label Model for Programmatic Weak Supervision
Renzhi Wu, Shen-En Chen, Jieyu Zhang, Xu Chu.
- Binary Classification with Positive Labeling Sources
Jieyu Zhang, Yujing Wang, Yaming Yang, Yang Luo, Alexander Ratner.
- Nemo: Guiding and Contextualizing Weak Supervision for Interactive Data Programming
Cheng-Yu Hsieh, Jieyu Zhang, Alexander Ratner.
- Understanding Programmatic Weak Supervision via Source-aware Influence Function
Jieyu Zhang*, Haonan Wang*, Cheng-Yu Hsieh, Alexander Ratner.
- Creating Training Sets via Weak Indirect Supervision
Jieyu Zhang, Bohan Wang, Xiangchen Song, Yujing Wang, Yaming Yang, Jing Bai, Alexander Ratner.
- WRENCH: A Comprehensive Benchmark for Weak Supervision
Jieyu Zhang, Yue Yu, Yinghao Li, Yujing Wang, Yaming Yang, Mao Yang, Alexander Ratner.
- TaxoEnrich: Self-Supervised Taxonomy Completion via Structure-Semantic Representations
Minhao Jiang, Xiangchen Song, Jieyu Zhang, Jiawei Han.
- Taxonomy Completion via Triplet Matching Network
Jieyu Zhang, Xiangchen Song, Ying Zeng, Jiaze Chen, Jiaming Shen, Yuning Mao, Lei Li.
- Co-Embedding Network Nodes and Hierarchical Labels with Taxonomy Based Generative Adversarial Networks
Carl Yang, Jieyu Zhang, Jiawei Han.
- Neural Embedding Propagation on Heterogeneous Networks
Carl Yang*, Jieyu Zhang*, Jiawei Han.
- University of Washington - Ph.D. in Computer Science (2020 - Present).
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign - B.S. in Statistics and Computer Science.
- Microsoft Research (Asia) - Star Bridge Research Assistant
Supervised by Dr. Yujing Wang.
- ByteDance AI Lab - Research Intern
Supervised by Prof. Lei Li.
- Jane Street Graduate Research Fellowship Honorable Mention
- CRA Outstanding Undergraduate Researcher Honorable Mention
- ICDM’20 Best Paper Award
- ICDM’19 Student Travel Award
- UIUC James Scholar Preble Research Award
- UIUC John R. Pasta Outstanding Undergraduate Award
- Reviewer: NeurIPS, ICLR, AAAI, IJCAI, CVPR, ACL, EMNLP, ARR, KDD, LOG.